POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Eternally descending (and rotating) ~828 Kb : Re: Eternally descending (and rotating) ~828 Kb Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eternally descending (and rotating) ~828 Kb
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 30 Jun 2001 10:53:11
Message: <MPG.15a7129d437b303498997e@news.povray.org>
> > Without wanting to sound picky, I really wish people wouldn't post
> > quicktime files here since for some reason my system refuses to play
> > them, and I'm not going to install quicktime after having had it try to
> > take too much control over my system in the past.
>
> Well, I am sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't really have too much
> of a choice.  I have a mac running OS 9 and OS X, and I can't find a
> program that will save my files in just plain mpeg format.  Quicktime is
> the only way I can post animations unless anyone knows of a mac utility
> for this. (does anyone?)

I'm not blaming you in paticular, it's just that there have been a few
.mov files posted here recently, none of which I've been able to view.

If you've only got QT, then I'm not going to hold you personally
responsible for a shortfall in my ability to view files <grin>

Like i said, it's been one of those weeks, and I wasn't in the most
tolerant of moods when I posted my previous erm, posting (grammar failure
alert!)  :)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.